This Policy sets out the basis on which The English Centre Suppliers S.L. (TECS) Registered in Spain and its recruitment process and share personal data we receive.
We strive to conform with Spanish and European Data Protection laws and as such we comply with the provisions of the Spanish Statutory Law 15/1999 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will only collect, process or retain any personal information about you, or share such information with third parties, when it is necessary for us to do so in order to provide our services to you, where we have your consent or where we have any other legal basis to do so.
Our privacy policies will be over ridden when the safety and welfare of the children are at stake or if we are required to do so by law. We give the highest possible priority to the safety and welfare of children and will in all circumstances cooperate with police and government authorities in combating any and every attempt to harm or pursue sexual relations with minors.
1. Information we may collect about you
If you apply to work with us, or complete any forms available on our http://www.tecsemployment.com website then we will use and retain this information for the purposes set out in this Policy:
- The information contained in your application form such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, photograph, nationality, country of residence, and your next of kin details;
- The information contained in your criminal background check or any information which is derived from third parties to which this documentation is submitted;
- Copies of your passport, driving licence and/or other identity documents;
- Photographs and videos taken of you and uploaded to the TECS website or taken at TECS events or on camp to be used for marketing purposes;
- Any comments made by you about our programmes for publication on the TECS website or for any other marketing purposes;
- Correspondence you have with us;
- Complaints that you make, or relating to complaints that others make that involve you;
- Information that enables us to keep in touch with you as an past staff member of our programmes (you would have the right to opt out of these);
- Other information that we may be given or provided by you or by third parties in connection with your involvement in a Programme;
- Other information that you supply to us for the purpose of organising travel or training.
2. How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information in order to be able to consider and possibly contract you to work with us. We will only share your information with third parties in accordance with this Policy and any personal information collected about you will be stored securely.
We may use the information we hold about you for some or all of the following purposes:
- Contract you to work on one of our programmes.
- Correspondence with you in connection with your application and/or your placement on a programme, whilst you are on placement and after you have left;
- To notify you of any changes to our programmes;
- Performing background checks on you, including but not limited to criminal background checks;
- Providing any necessary training for you;
- Booking and securing of services in conjunction with a programme, including but not limited to travel, accommodation and insurance;
- Providing you with information for administration, health and safety, welfare and security reasons;
- Monitoring of your performance whilst working on one of our Programmes;
- Dealing with any complaints, issues and/or disciplinary matters;
- Confirming and/or obtaining references on your behalf;
- Monitoring and promoting equality of opportunities;
- Marketing purposes;
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders;
- Co-operation with law enforcement authorities;
3. Third Parties
Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us, we may need to disclose your personal information to those third party contractors in order to facilitate the provision of our services to you. Under these circumstances, we take steps in compliance with the aforementioned regulations, to ensure that those third party contractors who process personal data on our behalf do so in a way which safeguards the information, ensures that it is used for the purposes for which it was supplied and is processed correctly.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties unless we have your consent or we have a legal basis to do so (for example to progress our legitimate interests or to fulfil a contract we have with you) or disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
We may share information about you with the following parties:
- Third parties for confirming the accuracy of the information you provide to us as part of your application and while you work with us;
- Our employees, agents or contractors who need your information for administrative purposes associated with securing and managing your work placement;
- Third parties associated with performing background checks, including but not limited to the DBS, medical practitioners and immigration authorities;
- Third parties and agents for the booking and securing of services with third party suppliers in conjunction with your attendance on a Programme, including but not limited to travel, accommodation and insurance;
- Governmental departments associated with accrediting us to provide the products and services to you;
- Referees provided by you;
- your next of kin should you be hospitalised, taken ill or for any other issue of significant concern whilst you are on a Programme;
- third parties if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or others;
- third parties if we are legally required to do so (for example if you commit a criminal offence or are a witness to any commission of an offence). We may need to provide information to the governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, the police and child protection agencies and in some circumstances we may be required to disclose information relating to you in response to third party requests,
our insurers and legal and professional advisors;
Anyone who applies via our http://www.tecsemployment.com website, or fills out any form on that website, may have their information stored on third party databases for marketting or recruitment reasons. These include, but are not limited to:
4. On-line application
On-line applications for some of our programmes may request personal information. Required fields are indicated and acceptance to a programme will depend on this information. We implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
5. Security of information
Personal information collected by us and our websites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store your data.
6. Trans-Border Data flows
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination both inside and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America. This will include the transfer of data between TECS and other overseas operations and relevant entities.
7. Changes to our Policy
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time and should this occur, the amendment would be posted on our website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
8. Access to your information
You have the right to request that we eliminate your personal information at any point. When requested we will eliminate all personal information from both ours and our third party databases, except for any information required to be kept by us for legal reasons. You can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Contacting us