EFL Academy Teacher
TECS has been running English language academies for over 25 years. We have two academies in the province Cádiz – One in the beach resort town of El Puerto de Santa Maria, and another in the historical city of Jerez de la Frontera.
We are currently looking for some dynamic and energetic EFL teachers to join our team of 15-20 teachers for the upcoming academic year. Below you will find out more information about the role, TECS, and you can apply online:
ABOUT THE EFL TEACHER ROLE
As an EFL teacher, you will be responsible for planning and executing English language classes in our academies in the afternoon/evenings. We accept students from 3+ years old so teachers will usually teach 2-4 classes each across a mix of ages. The classes are either 1 or 1.5 hours long depending on the age.
On Fridays we offer free classes optional classes to our students. On Saturday mornings we also offer fun sports and arts & crafts classes (teachers work these on a rotational basis).
What we’re looking for
- At least 1 years’ experience in full time classroom EFL teaching (if possible)
- At least 2 professional and personal references
- College/University Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- CELTA/TEFL certificate
- E.U. passport or Spanish residence/work permit or TIE card.
- A clear police record and proof of suitability to work with minors
- High motivation in teaching and sharing your knowledge with others (staff and students)
- Ability to control children in a motivational and fair way, which enables them to integrate into the English environment smoothly and encourages them to speak English
- Very high level of oral and written skills in English.
- High energy levels and a young but responsible and mature outlook on life and work.
- A positive attitude and ability to put yourself in other’s shoes in order to work effectively as a key part of a diverse team.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Staff Training Week: 26/09/2023 – 29/09/2024
- Classes start: 02/10/2023
- Finish work: 15/06/2024
€820 – €1200 monthly gross depending on teaching hours (16 – 25 hours)
- Annual performance bonus: €250
- Using own laptop/tablet device: €50
- Returning staff: €60
TECS ALSO PROVIDES
- Accommodation provided to new teachers while looking for somewhere to live
- Limited accommodation available to teachers in apartment year round.
- We also offer support in finding accommodation in the area.
- Weekly Spanish lessons
- Extra days off (Jerez: 1 Friday per trimester / El Puerto: 1 day per year)
- Modern well-equipped classrooms (smart tv, projector, etc)
- Regular staff bonding events throughout the year
- Enrolment and transport paid for annual November ACEIA teaching conference in Seville.
- Training week in September
- Supported lesson planning sessions with manager for less experienced teachers.