TECS Camp Internship
This page is the complete description and details for the summer camp assistant position including job responsibilities, dates, wage, etc. At the bottom of the page you can apply online and download the complete pdf job profile.
Job Title: Camp Assistant Internship
We are looking for one dynamic person to join our summer camp department as the summer camp assistant. They will work directly with the Director of Language Camps being responsible for a large number of different areas such as learning how to interview staff, communication and coordination with contracted staff, logistical planning, and much more.
We believe that we can personalize the internship to what the student is looking to learn quite well. The student’s personal and professional development are core to this position. For those interested, we also can give them training and experience in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), and give them the chance to teach English classes themselves in our English academy.
The position is an internship position in which you will be given a lot of responsibility at a very young age so it is a great way to gain a lot of responsibility and experience at a young age in order to improve ones c.v. This position is perfect for candidates wishing to live in Spain and enhance their Spanish level in an economical way, and for those who wish to gain work experience in an office environment. All perspective candidates should be young (or young at heart), with a desire to utilise and develop organisational skills in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
We are usually looking for someone to come out in January or February at some point until the summer (July/August).
This position is multi-faceted as it has two main periods that are quite different:
• From February-June the position is much more regular office hours working on administrative tasks. The person will be required to stay in the company apartment and share with teachers that work in our academy.
• From the end of June – mid August, they must be prepared to sleep on the camp site and be full of energy in order to meet the extraordinary demands of camp work. All candidates must also be prepared for the rigors of camp life during the summer months that means that this job is anything but 9-5 living.
Who are we looking for?
- MUST be an EU citizen.
- Must be a university student.
- A Young and enthusiastic person looking develop many different personal and professional skills.
- You should be someone who takes pride in their work and have a real ambition to be good at what you do.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to work hard, but can also have some fun!
- You should have an interest in working children.
Types of work you will do:
- Interviewing and recruiting summer camp staff.
- Hiring and onboarding summer camp staff.
- Coordinating materials and purchases for summer camps.
- Recruitment social media.
- Teaching English classes.
What’s in it for you?
- Get an amazing mix of working experiences – Get the professionalism of working in our office and academy, and then the fun of working on summer camp.
- Working in an incredibly rewarding educational environment.
- Gain a wide variety of new professional and personal skills.
- One-to-one mentoring + personal & professional development programme.
- Learn to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
- Live and work in sunny Spain!
- 4 day week Monday-Thursday (until summer)
Conditions (Dates, wage, etc.)
- Dates: February until Summer (Exact dates can be discussed)
- Pre-summer: €200 net / month
- Summer: €650 net / month
- Performance bonus available up to €300 net.
- Meals: All meals provided during the summer. Before summer we offer lunch free of charge in our school canteen on working days.
- Pre-summer: Accommodation provided (inc. bills) free of charge in our company apartment with 3-4 teachers. The apartment is 10 minutes walking from the beach and from work.
- Summer camp: Will live on camp along with the other camp staff.
- Spanish classes (until June)